Private houses, cottages
Despite the fact that a cottage owner, as a rule, has no neighbors living in the same house and the building itself is outside the city, in order to achieve a high level of comfort in it, when designing and constructing a building, due attention should be paid to sound insulation. A modern cottage, as a rule, includes not only living rooms, but also rooms with a high noise level, such as home cinemas, engineering equipment premises. Good sound insulation between living rooms and rooms with a high noise level provides acoustic comfort to the residents, and the additional acoustic finishing in the home cinema will allow embracing all the possibilities of sound reproduction equipment.
comfortable noise level in living rooms at night (no noise)
the noise level from engineering equipment (chillers, pumps, gas boilers) might reach
the maximum sound level in the cinema might reach
to reduce the noise penetrating from the street, additional sound insulation of the facade walls is not required, window blocks need to be replaced
Issues of sound vibration insulation and acoustics in cottages:
- sound insulation of floors (reduction of transmission of impact and air noise between floors) in the house;
- interior partitions sound insulation;
- sound insulation of loud (home cinema) and quiet (bedroom) premises from the rest of the premises in the house;
- acoustic home cinema finishing (acoustic comfort in the cinema room);
- sound and vibration insulation of engineering equipment in a private house: heating and water supply systems, ventilation and air conditioning, backup power supplies.
Interactive solutions map
Acoustic Group recommendations
The album contains detailed schemes of sound-insulating structures of walls, floors and floor slabs, as well as vibration isolation schemes of engineering equipment.
Rooms for Listening Music acoustic design principles.
Home Theater acoustic design principles.
The Acoustic Project Design is an official document which is a special chapter of the project construction design documentation of the object.