Akufloor-S20 slabs are used as an elastic working layer under leveling screed in floating floors.
Akufloor-S20 slabs for floor sound-proofing are made using a special technology and glass fiber having low shrinkage under load and low dynamic modulus of elasticity. In combination with high strength to mechanical loads, the design of a floor constructed using the Akufloor-S20 slabs is highly efficient for sound-proofing of floor slabs against impact and air noise.
Scope of Application
Akufloor-S20 sound-proofing slabs are used in the construction of sound-proofing floors of floating type as a working resilient layer under a leveling concrete or cement-sand screed.
Physical and technical characteristics
Work size of panels: 1200 х 600 mm
Plate thickness: 20 mm
Density: 90 ± 10% kg/m3
Relative compression under load:
- - 3 % for 2 000N load
- 6 % for 5 000N load
Index of impact noise level reduction
- for thicknes 20 mm – ΔL n,w = 36 dB
- for thicknes 40 mm – ΔL n,w = 41 dB
Index of decrease of air-borne noise level ΔRw = 10 dB*
*- according to field tests with respect to indirect ways of noise transmission.
- Carefully clean the floor surface from construction waste prior to laying Akufloor-S20 slabs.
- Soundproofing slabs Akufloor-S20 should be married in on the floor slab, without any gaps, according to specified sizes so as to cover the floor area completely. When laying two layers of slabs, junctures of lower and upper layers should overlap in perpendicular directions.
- To avoid rigid contact between the screed and wall as well as other elements of the building, all walls along the premise perimeter and columns must be covered with an edge gasket 30-40 mm above the level of the floor to be arranged. The edge gasket can be made of Akufloor-S20 in a single layer or Vibrostek-M in two layers. The edge gasket is attached to vertical surfaces using Vibrosil/Acuflex-VS sealant.
- A dividing layer of reinforced PE film, 200 µm thick, is laid above the layer of Akufloor-S20 sound-proofing slabs and edges are placed on all walls and columns. This is required to avoid the solution getting on mineral wool slabs and the edge gasket when arranging the screed.
- After the dividing PE layer is placed, a cement-sand screed, 60 mm thick, is made of M-300 sand concrete or commercial concrete.
- When the screed is arranged, it must be reinforced with a metallic mesh with the mesh size of 50 х 50 mm and rod diameter of 4 mm. The mesh must be located in the screed layer not less than 20 mm from its lower level and not higher than the screed’s middle line. The mesh shall be placed with the joint overlapping of 100 mm, and joints are bound with a lacing wire every 200 mm.
- The solution surface is leveled using a plank. In case of large floor surface area, the leveling screed is made with segments up to 30 m2 with expansion joints using Vibrostek..
- After the floor is constructed, the PE film and excessive edge gasket are cut according to the finished floor level. Joints between the screed and walls (columns) are filled with the Vibrosil/Acuflex-VS sealant.