Soundline-PGP Super, soundproofing panel for thin walls and partitions
Soundline-PGP Super panels are used for improvement of soundproofing of partition walls made of tongue-and-groove gypsum slabs and foamed concrete no more than 100 mm thick. Panels without gap and framework are mounted on the partition from any side using multi-purpose self-tapping screws or rawplug anchors.
Scope of Application:
Used to arrange a sound-proofing coating of light one-layer partitions made of plasterboard or blown-out concrete and for demising walls and partitions.
ATTENTION! A thin partition must be covered with Soundline-PGP Super on one side only. Double-side covering is senseless: the effect of additional sound-proofing is manifested significantly after one-side covering and is not increased when a layer is added on the other side of the partition!
Principle of Operation:
Thin partitions made of tongue-and-groove plaster boards or blown-out concrete, 80-100mm thick, have a characteristic resonance reduction (no growth) in sound proofing within a range very important for sound proofing of 200-600 Hz. When mounted on one side of a partition, 23mm thick Soundline-PGP Super panels reduce the resonance sound passage within this frequency range. Therefore, the total sound-proofing of the Partition + Soundline-PGP Super is increased by 6-10 dB.
This structure and underlying principle are patented in the RF and CIS countries.
- Gypsum fiber tongue-and-groove element (20 mm thick)
- Multi-layer glass-fiber mat Vibrostek-V (3 mm thick)
- Compensating washers (24 mm dia)
- panel shallow thickness - 23 mm total
- additional soundproofing of partition - up to 10 dB
- easy mounting - no elastic spacers and sealants are required!
Physical and technical characteristics:Panel size excluding ridge area - 1200х600х23 mm
Area density - 24.3 kg/m2
Weight of one panel - 17.5 kg
Number of mounting holes - 8
diameter of mounting rawplug anchors - 8 mm
Insulation of airborne noise
|Soundproofing of wall consisting of 80 mm hollow tongue-and-groove slabs, dB||29,0||25,8||22,8||31.4||31,0||33,2||34,0||35,6|
|Total soundproofing of wall consisting of hollow tongue-and-groove 80 mm thick slabs + Soundline-PGP Super 23 mm, dB||33,1||26,1||32,6||31,0||34,1||35,7||43,9||39,7|
|Soundproofing of wall consisting of 80 mm hollow tongue-and-groove slabs, dB||35,4||38,1||40,6||41,4||44,2||46,0||47,6||48,9|
|Total soundproofing of wall consisting of hollow tongue-and-groove 80 mm thick slabs + Soundline-PGP Super 23 mm, dB||41,9||46,9||50,0||52,5||54,3||54,3||55,6||58,4|
- Soundline-PGP Super panels are mounted on any side of a fine partition 80-100 mm thick.
- Each panel has 8 assemblies to attach it to the surface. Panels are easily installed down to top, left to right.
Combs are cut in the first panel along the short and long side, while in the following panels of the first row they are cut along the long side only.
- To attach Soundline-PGP Super panels, fired pins 8mm in diameter and at least 60mm long are used. It is permitted to attach Soundline-PGP Super panels on walls and partitions made of plaster blocks with universal self-tapping screws 5-6 mm in diameter and at least 60 mm long without pre-drilling.
- Panels are jointed using a tongue-and-groove connection. Tongue-and-groove joints are additionally pinched together with self-tapping screws 3х25 mm over gypsum plasterboard every 150 mm. When closing the row, the panel can be cut, and the cut part goes over the next row. Panels are cut using a power jigsaw, the glass veil layer is cut with a sharp knife.
- Cut parts of the panel less than 250 mm long are not used. Panels are mounted with a shift of transverse joints in neighboring rows. Joint spacing must be at least 250mm. If he groove is not cut in the last-row panels, based on the actual wall size, stripes of gypsum-fiber or plaster-board sheets 10 mm thick are inserted into grooves and attached to panels with self-tapping screws 3x25 mm over gypsum plasterboard.
- If the panel is fully located on the wall surface, it is installed using six attachments only (central assemblies are not used). If the panel is to be cut, all available attachments are used.